Real Mccoy: Style Challenge Pt 1

12:15

 
Real Mccoy and its amazing selection of vintage shoes and feathers



Finding it hard to pick out clothes with the amazing choice!


Pinning outfits up on the style board.

First glimpse of my dream hat! 

Photos by Maria Dragan

On Saturday I was kindly invited to Real Mccoy to take part in their Style Challenge. I have never been involved with much styling, other of the daily task of choosing what to wear from my disorganised  wardrobe, so I was keen to get involved!

I met the wonderful Sorcha (Gin and Handbags) and Amie (Credit Crunch Chic) and was greeted with cupcakes, sparkling elderflower (how did she know this was my fav!) and orange juice. After refueling and having a catch up, we began rummaging through the fantastic vintage stock the Real Mccoy have on offer. 
We were creating looks along the themes of' 'Summer Festival', 'Picnic in the Park' and many more!

I was really pleased to be part of something local with my blog. I grew up in Exeter and The Real Mccoy was one of the first vintage shops I discovered. It definitely made me aware that there was more to life than just the high street stores, and clothes could have a whole story behind them before you brought them. It was where my love for vintage and second hand clothes was born. 

  As always the store staff were helpful and friendly, and Sorcha ran the event amazingly. The whole day was great fun and loved seeing all the customers getting involved with some styling. There is alot more to say and whole bunch of photos I need to add, including a story involving a beautiful vintage hat, but that's for another post.  

Milly

p.s. If you are visiting Real Mccoy anytime soon (which you definitely should be), mention 'A Sensible Heart' at the checkout and receive 10% off your purchase! Enjoy!

Twitter // Bloglovin // Pinterest //Instagram

2 comments